Tuesday 5 November 2013

Weymouth UKWA Freestyle 2-3 November 2013

The week leading up to this event the forecast was looking super windy. I was a little concerned as a good forecast can always get worse very quickly, however I'm pleased to say it delivered the goods. Going into the final event of the year I was in first place and again like the forecast I could only get worse from this position.  As we started going through the first day that's exactly what I did with a fifth in the first round.  I was pleased though to see the best turnout of the year in the amateur fleet and hopefully it will continue to grow. Following the first round and seeing the rest of the guys sailing really strongly and landing loads of clean moves such as shakas, funnels and konos I knew it was going to be tough.

Here are a few shots from the weekend (thanks to Andy Copleston) where I was using my faithful 3.7 Hot Sails bolt that has seen loads of action and what helps in competition is I know the sail inside out.



 

I'm pleased to report that I managed to sail consistently all through the final day and secure the event in first place and this then gave me a first place for the amateur tour for the season. Really pleased with my result and it's thanks to the support I receive from Hot Sails Maui UK and Hunstanton Watersports also couldn't have done it without my awesome Witchcraft freestyle 92 and my K4 fins. Now I need to keep up the practice to be in contention next year as the younger guys seem to improve at an alarming rate while I struggle to stay in the same place. Time will tell....

No comments:

Post a Comment